Using the Upload and Download On-Line Sync Options
The standard on-line sync process works in most situations.
However, sometimes you want to simply copy the data from one device to another. In this case, the "Upload" sync and "Download" sync can help.
To use the upload/download sync process, you should have one device (typically your main computer where you use StockMarketEye the most) that has your "master" data. Your other devices (typically the iPhone or Android apps, but could also be another computer) will receive a copy of that "master" data.
With that in mind, follow these steps to copy your data from the "master" to your other devices.
- On the "master" StockMarketEye, open the on-line sync window and click on the "Other Synchronization Actions" link.
- Then click on the "Upload To Account" button. This will send all of the "master" data to your account at the on-line sync service.
- Whan that is complete, go to your iPhone or Android device (or other computer) and open the on-line sync tab there.
- Click on the "Other Synchronization Actions" button.
- Then click on the "Download From Account" button. This will remove all of your StockMarketEye data on the device and replace it with the "master" data which it downloads from your on-line sync account.
Once those steps are complete, you should have the same data and numbers in both places.
In the future, if you plan on keeping a "master" set of data in one location, we recommend using the upload/download sync rather than the standard sync. If you make changes to your StockMarketEye data on more than one device, however, you should use the standard sync process.